Massage is a work or an act of working with pressure on the body muscles. This gives relief to the stressful body to get light and feel free of the burden of calamities of life. The professional person who does this is called by the name of masseur or masseuse. It is done all over the world, may or maybe not with the same techniques. Its main purpose is a relaxation of the tight muscles and providing flexibility to the body. Other purposes are as follows-
- Inactivates the stress hormone, thus triggers happy and stress-free mood
- Boosts energy level for working on a longer time
- Promotes an emotional as well as physical feelings to an individual
- Lowers blood pressure thus, preventing from many severe body diseases
- Improves the posture of an individual as it loosens up the toned muscles
- Strengthen and improves the immune system of the body
- Provides a mental peace with the calm working of the nervous system
Ways of performing massage
Along with serving its purpose, there are different ways where these purposes can be fulfilled up to the mark. Thus, there are many different techniques and ways through which massage can be performed.
- In Warm water pools where the temperature is kept at 35 degree Celsius.
- Vicky showers, a kind of hydrotherapy where a large amount of water is thrown on the individual’s body while lying off the wet beds.
- Tools, like bamboo and rosewood tools, which are pressed against the soft tissues of the body.
- Massage tables and chairs with orthopedic pillows on it.
- Creams, lotions, gels, and oils.
Types of massage and their benefits
Some of the major massage therapies and their benefits are:
- Swedish massage therapy
- Releases body tension, stiffness and sprains
- Relives muscle knots
- Good to relax and enjoy
- To treat minor body pains
- Hot stone massage therapy
- To ease muscular tension
- To eliminate pains
- To release stress
- To improve the blood flow
- To boosts the mood
- To relieve pain
- To treat depression and anxiety
- Deep tissue massage
- To treat chronic muscle pain
- To treat soreness
- To treat a muscular injury
- Sports massage
- To improve flexibility
- To improve performance
- To relieve pain
- Trigger point therapy
- To treat muscular tightness
- To treat muscular pain
- Helps to relax
- To treat chronic pain
- Reflexology Zone Therapy
- To release pain through pressure points of hand and feet.
- To improve their energy level
- To relax
- Biomechanical Stimulation Therapy
- To improve the coordination and balance of the muscles)
- Craniosacral Therapy, CST
- To releases deep tension by applying touch in the areas of skull, face, spine, and pelvis
- Myofascial Therapy
- It is a facial retention therapy
- Active Release Techniques
- They are specified techniques which are used to release soft tissue adhesions)
- Burmese Therapy
- It is a mixture of Thai, Chinese and Indian medicine techniques for removal body pain)
- Biodynamic Physiotherapy
- It is a combination of energy and physical work)
- Erotic Therapy
- To treat female hysteria
- Lymphatic Drainage
- It prevents up swelling up the lymphatic glands with smooth working of the lymphatic system)
- Structural Integration
- To remove strain patterns from body’s facial area
Thus, the after massage feeling is a relaxed mind and body. It helps in retaining a better body temperature, a better mind relaxation, a healthy heart, and neuron system along with the fit physical body. Thus, it leads to energy booster in the individual’s body.