Table of Contents
Wood flooring is seen in many Western European and American countries. The reason to use wood flooring is that they are hygienic and easy maintenance. Also, the major advantage of wood flooring is fixing or placing it. You can easily install them in the house. Hardwood flooring is usually preferred by many people as they are long lasting and it can be altered based on the needs of a homeowner. The hardwood flooring is created by hardwood planks which are timber, lumbered or engineered. Hardwood flooring gives a refreshing natural look to the interiors of a building and it can adapt the color scheme as per the wish of the builder.
Benefits of hardwood flooring:
There are some significant benefits which can be obtained only by using hardwood floor for the building. Some of them are listed below:
- Hardwood flooring gives you a rich and traditional feel; engineered hardwood can give you an enriching look.
- Visually appealing tans that are available in timber will give a natural feel.
- Hardwood flooring is lightly affected by dust and pollution. It can be easily maintained by a simple blow of vacuum. As the hardwood cannot trap in the dust, pollen, and other pollutants it is a must for all the people suffering from allergy!
- Hardwoods are tough and they can last nearly 10 years. They are durable and hard enough to withstand any endurance and can handle traffic quite effectively.
- Many types of timber have a certain vibration which can easily be noticed with a tap of feet. This happens because of the hollowness in wood. But in the case of hardwood, you can barely notice the vibration as the wood is closely compounded which helps in getting rid of the hollowness. This increases the acoustic quality of the room and it becomes fit for a gym, yoga studio or a dance floor. Increasing the acoustics of your room will give it a feel like a music hall or a movie theater!
- Hardwood flooring increases the property’s value and it is also seen as a good investment with better future returns. The color of the hardwood floor does not fade away easily. It will stay put for a long time and give you amazing returns!
The hardwoods are easy to install and replace. Fixing it takes less time and it can be easily installed just by heating and bolting.
Woods employed for hardwood flooring:
There are some specific types of wood which are known for their durability and longevity. Some of them are listed below:
- Oak: Flooring done by using engineered oak wood is considered to be the best choice for many of the builders, architects, and interior designers. The reason is oak offers a better life than others. European oak is very popular among most of the builders. The oak tree is the only tree which is less prone to termite and bug attacks. There are many types of oak available for flooring. Red oak, white oak is preferred among the interior designers.
- Rosewood: Rosewood is also another popular hardwood. Generally rosewoods are used for making furniture. Rosewood has a natural fragrance and grains over it that makes it visually appealing.
- Mahogany: Mahogany is one of the popular woods used for flooring. The main advantage of this wood is that it can hold water for a long time over it.
- Maple: Maple is very light in texture. Maple is very popular because of the grain that it has over the body.
Hardwoods are known for its durability. Regular maintenance will give an enriching look and it will last longer than we expect.