Table of Contents
If we buy some goods, then first we think that the goods are fresh or not? To check this, we read the date given on it, and from this, we find out when this stuff is made and how long it will be spoiled.
But when we talk about eggs, how will you know whether it is fresh or not or can it expire in the fridge? You must be aware that after a certain time it also gets rotten.
How long do eggs stay safe in the fridge?
- Eggs stay safe in the refrigerator for more than 5 weeks.
- Put egg cartons directly in the refrigerator instead of the refrigerator door because the temperature of the fridge is stable.
- The best temperatures to store it in the fridge are between 19°C and 23°C.
- Don’t put it in the refrigerator for a long time because it reduces the quality and the benefits.
The easiest way to check egg expiration
Can eggs expire in the fridge? For this, your eyes and nose will help you in checking whether it is expired or not. So the Floating Test is the best way to check their freshness and you can even go for a Plate and Sniff test. Let us know how this test is done.
- For this, you need a jar. Fill it with cold water, then add eggs to it.
- If they drain down and lie straight on the edge, then these eggs are fully fresh.
- If they lay down on the surface of the bowl, then they are a few weeks old and are worth eating.
- And if the eggs are floating on the surface of the water, then it is advisable to throw them away because these eggs are spoiled.
- You can also test the eggs by cracking it into a plate, and it is fresh then the white part of the egg should not spread much and the yolk should appear bright yellow.
What can you do with Rotten eggs
Yes! Of course, you can use bad eggs as fertilizer for plants. They contain abundant calcium and magnesium. Not only this, eggs are very beneficial for hair, apply them for 20 minutes, and wash the hair, then see their amazingness. Eggs are used to clean the leather.
However, older eggs are still well for several uses. They are ideal for boiling and can be used for omelets, scrambled eggs, or baked egg dishes.