Table of Contents
Women are never quite pleased with the way they look, which is why a lot of women these days go under the knife. Breast reduction is something that quite a lot of women who are unsatisfied with the way their breasts look get done. The decision of getting a surgery of this kind done is something that is quite personal. One has to weight down all the pros and cons before getting a breast reduction surgery. The plastic surgeon who would perform the surgery would explain the whole procedure and the risks associated with it, while one can also go through the internet to know about it.
What should you know?
There are certain things related to this surgery that one should know before getting it done:
- Piercing in the nipple and breast causes infection so after the surgery one should avoid getting this done.
- After the surgery, the ability to breastfeed can reduce so talk to a doctor if you are planning to get a surgery done.
- The surgery can hamper any other diagnostic procedure.
- This surgery can be performed at any age and it can be done only when the breasts are fully developed.
So these are a few things that one should know before getting a breast reduction surgery done.
Who can get this surgery done?
The ideal people who can get this breast reduction surgery done are:
- Those women who have pendulous breasts that can cause neck and shoulder pain are the ones who can get this surgery done.
- Women that have one large breast than the other breast.
- The women who have got physiotherapy done but haven’t felt any change.
- Men can also get this kind of surgery done if any kind of exercise doesn’t help in reducing the breast.
The surgery for reducing breast can have the following repercussions:
- Blood clots
- Shape irregularities
- Skin discoloration, bruising and swelling
- Breast asymmetry
- Fluid accumulation
- Fluid accumulation
- Firmness of the breast
- Inability to breastfeed
- Pulmonary complications
- Loss of skin
- Breast sensation
- Pain which can persist for long
- Cardiac complications
So these are few risks that one can face after getting this surgery done.
Types of surgeries for breast reduction
There are a number of ways by which the breasts can be reduced; the technique is usually decided based on the shape of the breasts. The different kinds of breast reducing surgeries are:
- Vertical surgery for breast reduction– This is a new procedure that has the long-lasting effect. In this, an incision is made to remove the fat and the tissue. The incision is then reduced by pleating the skin which is in excess. This kind of a surgery is popular among those who have larger breasts.
- The scarless surgery– In this surgery liposuction is used there is minimal scarring. The incision that is made is of a few millimeters and is made in the armpits or in the crease of the breasts. Women with large breasts should not get this surgery done.
- The anchor breast surgery– In this surgery, the incision is made around the nipple, in an anchor shape. After this the fat, tissue and skin are all removed from the breast and at the end, a stitch is made which is close to the original incision.
How to take care after the surgery?
After the surgery one has to take care in the following ways:
- One can do a cool compress wear the surgery is done to reduce the swelling.
- A person should sleep with an elevated head for a week; as it helps to reduce the numbness.
- Never left objects that weight more than 3 kgs for a few weeks and any heavy and rigorous exercise should be avoided.
- Bending with raised arms should be avoided initially.
- Try sleeping with pillows all around so that you don’t sleep on your breasts. Excessive pressure can aggravate the pain.
These are all the necessary facts that one should be aware of before going under the knife to get any kind of surgery done to reduce breasts.