Homeopathy is an ancient medical system that is built on a premise that your body can cure itself. Those who practice this form of medicine use natural materials in small quantities to stimulate the healing process.
Developed in the late 1700s, homeopathy was originated in Germany. It gained immense popularity in European countries before moving to the United States and other parts of the world.
How Does It Work?
As mentioned before, homeopathy is built on the principle that “like cures like.” Simply put, homeopathy believes that whatever brings the symptoms of illness in a healthy person, when administered in a small dose, can also treat a condition with similar symptoms. It is the way to activate the body’s natural ability to trigger its natural defences against the onslaught of disease.
For example, cutting red onion makes your eyes water. This is the reason it is used in homeopathy to treat allergic conditions. Other natural materials used for the development of treatment include poison ivy, arnica, white arsenic, etc.
Homeopaths, also known as homeopathic doctors, mix the ingredients with the help of water or alcohol. The process is called potentization that is believed to activate the healing essence of the potion.
It is also believed the lower the dose, the more powerful this medicine will be. These medicines are available in multiple forms including sugar pellets, liquid drops, tablets, gels, etc.
A homeopath will recommend you medicine after having a lengthy discussion about your mental, physical, and emotional state. The medicine is tailored to suit your body’s requirements.
These medicines are also available over-the-counter. However, the dosage and the quality of its impact will depend on the manufacturer.
What does homeopathy treat?
Over the years, homeopathy has gained immense traction for treating some chronic illnesses such as allergies, migraines, depression, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, etc. However, off late, it is also being recommended as a supplemental treatment for terminal illnesses. You can discuss with your doctor to recommend the Homeopathy For Kidney Failure to help you overcome the symptoms with the help of natural medication. It can also be used for minor conditions such as toothaches, nausea, colds, coughs, scrapes, etc.
Experts, however, recommend that homeopathy medicine should not be self-administered and must always be taken under the guidance of a licensed practitioner.
At the same time, do not switch your regular medication for life-threatening diseases such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. with homeopathy without consulting your doctor. You should also avoid replacing it with vaccines.
Benefits of Homeopathy
The reason this form of medicine has become popular is its numerous benefits, some of them are listed below:
- It is 100% safe: The key formulation in homeopathic medicines is obtained in small quantities from plants, animals, and minerals. They are offered in minute quantities to the recipient to keep them non-toxic and safe for use. Unlike regular medicines and antibiotics, homeopathic medicines do not affect your digestion or lower your immunity. They are safe to use in the long term if used as directed by a qualified doctor.
- Acts quickly and effectively: Homeopathic medicines act fast on your condition and work wonders in restoring your health. They are often prescribed by the homeopaths for both acute as well as chronic conditions.
- It is both natural and scientific: even though homeopathy is based on nature’s principle of “like cures like,” it is completely scientific in its formulation. Homeopathy uses the power of natural healing to provide holistic therapy. It not only fixes the core problem but also works towards strengthening your overall health to prevent its recurrence.
- Builds resistance: When you take homeopathic medicine as directed, you end up addressing the disease at its root level. As a result, your body develops a natural resistance to the disease and keeps you healthy for long.
- It can be administered to all: The beauty of this medication is that it is safe for everyone to use. Since there are no side effects or latent toxicity, it is also recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Homeopathy is derived from all things natural with active ingredients found in plants, animals, and minerals. The most common ingredients include activated charcoal, garlic, dried herbs, stinging nettle plants, caffeine, etc. The homeopaths use specialized techniques to extract these substances that are processed to form tablets, gels, ointments, and drops.
If you want to use homeopathy to treat your condition, then meet an expert homeopath and discuss your condition in complete detail with them. Be sure to take guidance from your regular doctor as well as homeopath if you will be supplementing this medicine with your prescription.